The Gospel of Anarchy: A NovelThe Gospel of Anarchy: A Novel by Justin Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We almost read this book in August for our bookclub. Many of my fellow bookclubbians said that it sounded interesting, but we wound up with Kurt Vonnegut instead. I am glad that I chose to read this book on my own volition this month, and I found it to have a soothing voice and driving plot. Justin Taylor gives equal attention to his characters and his plot, so in the end, you are not left 'missing' the characters, as many books leave you, but instead glad that you got to follow them for this ride in their lives. It seems he's chosen the right pathway to lead his reader down into the lives of the folks at Fishgut. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in anarchy, religion, the intersection of the two, Florida, punk rock, college towns, or just humanity in general. It is an exploration of all those themes and more, and it's very well written.

View all my reviews

Above is my review from Goodreads! Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Giveaway!

Saying Farewell to a Writer and Friend: David Markson

1 lady + 3 gentlemen = 4 books bought