Art Faccia // Boog // 13 Myna Birds

Art Faccia, a website that features articles, reviews, interviews, essays and fiction and other great stuff published two things of interest to fans of Gigantic Sequins... and fans of me!

Here's an article I wrote for Art Faccia about poet Christie Ann Reynolds and the Philadelphia Parking Authority. You should probably read it and then post comments about how great it is. If you are familiar with the PPA's wrath or even if you're not, you will enjoy the sense of triumph that the article leaves you with.

In addition to publishing that article from me, J.E. Reich posted an "On the Scene" review of the reading Gigantic Sequins did at Word Up, a pop-up bookstore in Washington Heights. Check it out! She 's a great writer, and she does an excellent job detailing the experience of our reading as well as providing background information on the bookstore, GS and our lovely, fantastic, wonderful readers.

***

Recently, Gigantic Sequins tabled at the Boog City Small Small Press Fair, which was held at the Brooklyn Bookstore Unnameable Books-- The fair itself perhaps could have been renamed a Teeny-tiny Small Press Fair, but I digress. We sold some copies of our two most recent issues (2.1 & 2.2), had a poet from issue 2.2, Helen Vitoria, read, and gave out our free stickers and bookmarks.

The GS table, plums & an iced tea @ the Boog Small Small Press Fair.

I read there, too, and I enjoyed reading. I am always wary of reading at first, but, much like teaching, when I'm up there in front of the crowd, I usually have a good time. I also was able to vocally promote the Small Press Fair tables and talk about how being an editor is not too time-consuming to cut into my writing as a customer at Strand once suggested, but inspirational.

Me reading @ Boog City Fest @ Unnameable Books

I met some of my fellow vendors, and of note were my neighbors on both Saturday & Sunday, Stonecutter Journal. They are a new Brooklyn-based journal with a beautiful print book to show for their hard work. I didn't get a chance to read or buy a copy (I am so totally absolutely incredibly unbelievably broke. Or I would have.) but the journal itself was beautiful, and one of the coolest things I noticed about it was that an artist had drawn a portrait of each of the contributors to go with their bios. Awesome.

***

Finally, I have two poems up at Thirteen Myna Birds right now, "Poem for S., late September" and "near sonnet for working too much" that you should read and also tell me are good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Giveaway!

Saying Farewell to a Writer and Friend: David Markson

1 lady + 3 gentlemen = 4 books bought