AWP Wrap-up

Well, I still haven't been able to get together all of the "names" missing from my last post, and I fear it will be too late if I ever get the motivation to do so-- not because I am, generally, a lazy person, but because I have the flu, or something flu-like, that is a persistent drainer of all of my energy and ability to concentrate.

This being said, the last day of AWP, Saturday, was a success for me. I finally did an extensive stroll through the bookfair, I bought a book, I promised I would buy other books, I picked up a million flyers, and I both talked to and took photos of some fabulous people. All of my AWP photos can be found on my facebook page in an album called AWP 2011 DC: capitol letters. That's the public link, so you should be able to access it there.

After dinner, we went to the Black Squirrel for the Megareading, of which we missed most, but got to hear the lovely Christie Ann Reynolds and the fabulous Matt Hart (who killed it.) We proceeded to Cheif Ike's Mambo Room to perform some killer dance moves and, again, found ourselves rather not sober. Oh, us writer types.

All in all, minus contracting the flu or the flu-like infestation ravaging my body, AWP was a whole-hearted success. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Big Lucks table and bought a copy of either of their fabulous issues that they had for sale, and thanks to everyone who also glanced through, commented on or bought a copy of Gigantic Sequins.

I will be updating about GS soon, but I want to make one last reminder that our submission period closes on FEBRUARY 15th!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Giveaway!

Saying Farewell to a Writer and Friend: David Markson

1 lady + 3 gentlemen = 4 books bought