Mission: to read 52 books in 2012
# of Books Read, September: 6
Notes on Books Read:
41) The Orange Suitcase by Joseph Riippi
Good, short, tight, coherent collection of stories that felt almost too real to be fiction-- with photos! But genre is malleable. And that wasn't a complaint, necessarily, just a note.
42) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
This was one of our book club books. It was YA, which isn't my favorite... only because when I choose to read YA, I want to make a conscious decision to do so, rather than HAVE to read it because it's for book club. Ransom Riggs wrote one of my favorite articles about adverbs. I liked this book, but I was annoyed at the end when I realized it was the "first in a series", and now, to figure out what "happens", I am going to have to read more. I will just want until they are all out and read all of them at once. Maybe someday. Out loud. To my imaginary children/someone else's children. There were also photos in here!
43) Selected Unpublished Blog Posts of a Mexican Panda Express Employee by Megan Boyle
44) A Partial History of Lost Causes by Jennifer duBois
45) Leaving the Atocha Station by Ben Lerner
This was a book club book, one of the three I suggested, for I was next.
46) Tongue Party by Sarah Rose Etter
I love Sarah Rose Etter as a person. And I also really very much loved this collection of stories. I have one complaint. I wanted more after I finished reading it. Luckily, she has her web-published stories on her site!